Build web frontends that make complex user flows simple and flexible.
We’re hiring ReactJS Developers to join our frontend teams to develop fast, modern and multinational web frontends for our clients. We have become a relevant player in the last years as we understood component based architecture, headless ecommerce and qualitative execution ahead of its time and our work still proves our technical excellence.
We have currently 5 Developer Positions planned for 2022. Applications are accepted at any point. We strongly encourage you to apply and even if we cannot find an agreement right away, we are eager to learn from you, your ideas and your technical and non technical opinions. We work hard to ensure our inclusive and diverse office is a workplace where many nationalities, ideologies and backgrounds thrive to cooperate with one another. We want you to become a senior developer with focus on your strengths, talents and developing expertise.
- MoonShiner GmbH
- Vienna, AT
- Full time
About the job:
Frontend Development here at Moonshiner is structured in independent teams. Currently, there are 14 frontend developer employed that work on projects with various levels of complexity. There are smaller projects developed by a single person and there are projects where 50+ developers work with well defined processes on big systems. To decide on which team you will join is taking your talents and skills into consideration.
Teams usually follow a lifecycle:
- In the beginning of the project the team is already participating in requirements engineering and concept.
- You work closely with UX/UI because the best designs are made when designers and developers work closely together. The efforts are estimated together with business development and tasks that need to be done and defined.
- Estimations about the roadmap and structure are added to the tasks and depending on complexity distributed within the team.
- The execution and mode of operation can differ per team because we give freedom in the structure. Daily standups, do jira based tracking, intense work sessions, communication frequency - the team decides how it wants to operate. We give each team the tools, best practices and know how to execute with quality.
- The project is finished and the improvement possibilities are shared with everybody.
The Technology you will be working with:
- During Development you will work with additional libraries and a lot on HTML and CSS. Depending on your talents you can focus stronger on design tasks or functionality, but you should understand both worlds.
- Work with stakeholders on frontend decisions and requirements.
During the projects you will be faced with challenges, so it is important that you ask for help when needed, communicate your opinions and fears actively and be fair to your colleagues. We don't expect you to understand everything we do right away, nobody can transition with performing on the spot.
You will work on bugs caused by other people. You will find simple solutions for complex problems. You will go deep. You will learn from us and we will learn from you. Here are some things we’ve worked on recently that might give you a better sense of what you’ll be doing day to day:
- Working with a designer to develop a side navigation that structures products on a landing page. You think about how it could work on mobile and what needs to be done to keep the size small and the API requests to a minimum.
- Work with Backend on an API structure, that allows a simple navigation and developing a frontend pagination component for that. When developing the component, you structure it in a way that it can be used as well on other pages as well by other people.
You already have web programming skills and worked on given design. You know about ReactJS and have an idea about its components and its ecosystem.
- Quality code is important to you. You know that people will work with your code and you will be working with other people's code. You should know how to balance your own high standards of code quality with the problems you are solving and external constraints like how time-sensitive it is or the impact it will have.
- Solving problems is exciting to you. You are happy working through difficult technical problems and solving them in straight-forward ways. If you don’t know the answer immediately, you will be comfortable digging into the problem until you figure it out and know when it’s time to ask for assistance.
The development process is important. You have worked with Git before and did a commit already. You know how to tackle critiquing others code in a positive and productive way and receiving the same sort of feedback.
Communication is important to us and so it should be to you. You should value empathy and kindness and be able to articulate your ideas and feelings when writing or speaking.
Moonshiner is a programming company working with small and big clients on ecommerce solutions and web applications. Clients appreciate a technical perspective to drive organizational change and high performing structures, architectures and execution. Find more info at www.moonshiner.at
Please send us an application showing us your interest in exactly this position. Tell us about some past projects or work that you like or would have done differently. Keep it compact and simple, using any text format that is convenient to you. We will take the time to carefully review your application. We usually take around 5 days to respond after which we arrange a meeting for you to have a phone call or personal interview with your future colleagues. We aim to make an offer a couple of days after that.
To apply to this job please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following contents:
- Your CV / link to your website / link to your linkedin
- Some of the above mentioned content