Plan & Execute Web Applications with Wordpress as CMS core for Backend processes.
We’re hiring a Wordpress Developer to join our development teams to develop fast, modern and multinational applications for our clients. We have become a relevant player in the last years as we understood component based architecture, headless ecommerce and qualitative execution ahead of its time and our work still proves our technical excellence. We have currently one Developer Position planned for 2022. Applications are accepted at any point. We strongly encourage you to apply and even if we cannot find an agreement right away, we are eager to learn from you, your ideas and your technical and non technical opinions. We work hard to ensure our inclusive and diverse office is a workplace where many nationalities, ideologies and backgrounds thrive to cooperate with one another. We want you to contribute to our Wordpress Interfaces with focus on your strengths, talents and developing expertise.
- MoonShiner GmbH
- Vienna, AT
- Full time
About the job:
Wordpress Development here at Moonshiner is part of our solution design team. We work on different projects where Wordpress serves as a content provider. Currently there are 2 Wordpress developers employed who work on projects with various levels of complexity. We are not only doing websites with Wordpress, we rather integrate it as part of our architectures.
The Technology you will be working with:
- You will work on Wordpress Technologies such as PHP 7, MySQL/MariaDB and the AJAX based JS used by Wordpress.
- You know about Gutenberg and understand it is wordpress’ take on visual website editing. If you know about Phase 2 or Phase 3 of the project you will impress us, if you know when phase 4 is coming you are dishonest.
- You have worked with plugins for internationalization, ACF and the REST API. You understand the plugin structures and how to evaluate and write them.
- As a Wordpress Developer you are an allrounder. You will have fullstack tasks from Backend Processes to Plugin Development and Frontend Adaptations.
- Work with stakeholders on frontend decisions and requirements.
During the projects you will be faced with challenges, so it is important that you ask for help when needed, communicate your opinions and fears actively and be fair to your colleagues. We don't expect you to understand everything we do right away, nobody can transition with performing on the spot.
You will work on bugs caused by other people. You will find simple solutions for complex problems. You will go deep. You will learn from us and we will learn from you. Here are some things we’ve worked on recently that might give you a better sense of what you’ll be doing day to day:
- A Web application needs additional CMS capabilities and the team decides Wordpress can serve as a backend for those contents. You concept the User Management and responsibilities, check additional requirements, analyse the plugin market well aware that the less plugins used the less maintenance needed.
- You use ACF for better Object Modelling and provide the contents via the JSON API for the team to request. You plan where Caching happens and execute with style.
You already have Wordpress template and plugin development know how.
- Quality code is important to you. You know that people will work with your code and you will be working with other people’s code. You should know how to balance your own high standards of code quality with the problems you are solving and external constraints like how time-sensitive it is or the impact it will have.
- Solving problems is exciting to you. You are happy to work through difficult technical problems and to solve them in straight-forward ways. If you don’t know the answer immediately, you will be comfortable digging into the problem until you figure it out. You also know when it’s time to ask for assistance.
The development process is important. You have worked with Git before and did a commit already. You know how to tackle critiquing others code in a positive and productive way and receiving the same sort of feedback.
Communication is important to us and it should be to you too. You should value empathy and kindness and be able to articulate your ideas and feelings when writing or speaking.
Moonshiner is a programming company working with small and big clients on ecommerce solutions and web applications. Clients appreciate a technical perspective to drive organizational change and high performing structures, architectures and execution. Find more info at www.moonshiner.at
Please send us an application showing us your interest in exactly this position. Tell us about some past projects or work that you like or would have done differently. Keep it compact and simple, using any text format that is convenient to you. We will take the time to carefully review your application. We usually take around 5 days to respond after which we arrange a meeting for you to have a phone call or personal interview with your future colleagues. We aim to make an offer a couple of days after that.
To apply to this job please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following contents:
- Your CV / link to your website / link to your linkedin
- Some of the above mentioned content