Senior Python Data Engineer
Establish and improve the model creation pipeline.
We’re hiring a senior Python Data Engineer to improve and shape our current model creation process and automate our image/video based deep learning workflows. We are using and developing cutting edge technology from low-level of video transcoding up to distributed GPU computing. Your role will enable us to bridge the gap between research and applications faster and more reliably.
We currently have one Senior Data Engineer Position planned for 2020. Applications are accepted at any point. We strongly encourage you to apply and even if we cannot find an agreement right away, we are eager to learn from you, your ideas and your technical and non technical opinions. We work hard to ensure our inclusive and diverse office is a workplace where many nationalities, ideologies and backgrounds thrive to cooperate with one another. We want you to contribute to our modern and high performing AI Stack with focus on your strengths, talents and developing expertise.
- The MoonVision GmbH
- Vienna, AT
- Full time
About the job:
AI Model Creation here at Moonvision happens in our solution design team. We work on our AI platform for data management, our partly automated edge deployment process and on research topics in our field of expertise. We do a lot of pre-processing images and video, model training, model validation and integrating such models into streaming tasks - this is where you come in place and help us to set an architecture under a common framework. Currently there are 3 data engineers and 3 data researchers in our team working on different tasks, this is the first time we want a person to fully focus on the architecturial process.
To succeed, you have a broad interest in the following fields and deep knowledge in at least one of them:
- Distributed / HPC
- Modern Computer Vision Techniques
- Containerized Architecture and Design
- Unix and OS know-how
- Workflow, Task management systems like Dask or prefect.io
- Functional Programming
- Video Processing and handling (OpenCV, ffmpeg, interfaces to machine vision systems)
- Software and Solution architecture will be strongly shaped by your work, so you will be part of our solution team with Matt (platform), Tania (solution implementation) and Jakob (edge deployment) with the strong focus on automation. You find elegant ways to bring the work of research to the overall architecture.
During the projects you will be faced with challenges, so it is important that you ask for help when needed, communicate your opinions and fears actively and be fair to your colleagues. We don't expect you to understand everything we do right away, nobody can transition with performing on the spot.
You will work on bugs caused by other people. You will find simple solutions for complex problems. You will go deep. You will learn from us and we will learn from you.
You will work hand in with our CTO, research engineers, other data engineers and full stack engineers to deliver exciting projects, from prototypes up to long-lived applications.
You already have years of experience in python and its ecosystem, you know communication is the key for successful application development and that opinionated decision making is very important for shaping architectures.
- Deep knowledge of Python 3, its standard library and frameworks for a field mentioned above. Any other language you fancy.
- Delivered a production critical ETL workflows with high in-memory data
- Quality code is important to you. You know that people will work with your code and you will be working with other people's code. You should know how to balance your own high standards of code quality with the problems you are solving and external constraints like how time-sensitive it is or the impact it will have.
- Solving problems is exciting to you. You are happy working through difficult technical problems and solving them in straight-forward ways. If you don’t know the answer immediately, you will be comfortable digging into the problem until you figure it out and know when it’s time to ask the right point to ask for assistance.
- You find structures in situations and are able to put them in formats, that developer and management can understand them.
The development process is key, you know GIT, CD/CI pipelines and automation concepts for deployment and creation. You know how to tackle critiquing others code in a positive and productive way, and receiving the same sort of feedback.
Communication is important to us, so it should be to you too. You should value empathy and kindness and be able to articulate your ideas and feelings when writing or speaking.
Moonvision is an AI company that developes a Toolset, that allows experts around the world to automate quality assurance processes with AI. With its daughter company Dishtracker it shapes realworld AI applications and connects research with real world applications. You can find more info on www.moonvision.io
Please send us an application showing us your interest in exactly this position. Tell us about some past projects or work that you like or would have done differently. Keep it compact and simple, using any text format that is convenient to you. We will take the time to carefully review your application. We usually take around 5 days to respond after which we arrange a meeting for you to have a phone call or personal interview with your future colleagues. We aim to make an offer a couple of days after that.
To apply to this job please send us an email to email@example.com with the following contents:
- Your CV / link to your website / link to your linkedin
- Some of the above mentioned content